Published on July 6th, 2017
Jade’s Melting Moments
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am no magician in the kitchen. But I do like to try and I have found the best recipe for the most delicious Melting Moments that I would like to share with you.
So easy and so DELICIOUS. Trust me, If I can make these work out and taste good, so can you!
RASPBERRY MINI MELTING MOMENTS (PASSIONFRUIT WORKS TOO)Ingredients
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- pure icing sugar, to serve
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 6 small frozen raspberries, thawed or pulp of two fresh passionfruit
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift flour and custard powder over butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and a soft dough forms.
- Using 1 heaped teaspoon of dough per ball, make 30 balls. Place on prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool on tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make raspberry filling: Using a whisk, beat butter in a bowl until light and creamy. Add vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add icing sugar. Whisk until well combined. Stir in raspberries.
- Spread the flat side of 1 biscuit with 1 teaspoon filling. Sandwich with 1 biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling. Serve dusted with icing sugar.